Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician
Salary £30,000-£32,000 including extended day shift allowance
Overtime + Pension scheme + Medical Insurance + Critical Illness cover + 25 days holiday.
Due to continued expansion, an innovative agro-energy business, based near Stratford upon Avon, is looking for an additional Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician.
This role will require working in a combined agricultural and industrial environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.
As a Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician, your main duties will be:
• Performing analysis of food and animal feed products using instrumental and chemical techniques according to defined laboratory test methods.
• Preparing certificates of analysis for customers.
• Coordinating the contaminant testing programme using external laboratories and ensuring that positive release rules are adhered to when testing for legal compliance or food safety issues.
• Coordinating external analysis to verify that all analytical instruments are correctly calibrated.
• Coordinating the calibration and maintenance of all laboratory equipment is performed as required.
• Providing support to the process test stations ensuring that adequate supplies of consumables are maintained at all times.
To be a successful Quality Assurance Technician you will have :
• Previous laboratory experience working with both instrumental and chemical test methods.
• Previous working experience in Oilseeds or Food Processing/Packaging and understanding of the Food Safety/HACCP systems needed in such an operation.
• Analytical chemistry or chemistry qualification to Higher National or equivalent.
• Minimum 4 GCSEs including maths, English and chemistry.
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to perform in a challenging production environment and sufficiently self-motivated to bring value to the business.
• Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
• Good English language skills and understanding as a minimum.
• Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high level work areas.
• “Safe by Nature” and demonstrated low/free accident work history.
• Ability to work well in a small team.
• Good communication skills.
• Open, honest and trustworthy by nature.
To apply, please forward your cover letter, stating salary expectations, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org