Trainee Laboratory Technician
Salary circa £19,000 including extended day shift allowance
Overtime + Pension scheme + Medical Insurance + Critical Illness cover + 25 days holiday.
Due to further expansion, an innovative agro-energy business, based near Stratford upon Avon, is looking for a Trainee Laboratory Technician.
This role will require working in a combined agricultural and industrial environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.
As a Trainee Laboratory Technician, you will be introduced to working in a brand new laboratory, with your main duties being:
• Learning to perform analysis of rapeseed, vegetable oil and animal feed products under the guidance of experienced laboratory technicians
• Keeping accurate test records, with labelling and subsequent storage of samples used.
• Providing support to other laboratory technicians as they undertake more advanced chemical testing, used gas (GC) and liquid (HPLC) chromatography equipment.
For this trainee role we are looking for the following:-
• Minimum 4 GCSE or equivalent, including Maths, English and chemistry.
• Interest in working in a laboratory/testing environment
• Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to perform accurately under time pressure.
• Self-motivated, willingness to learn.
• Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
• Good English language skills and understanding as a minimum.
• Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high level work areas.
• Ability to work well in a small team.
• Good communication skills.
• Open, honest and trustworthy by nature.
To apply, please forward a cover letter stating salary expectations, along with your CV to email@example.com