A Finance Manager is required to work within the agricultural department of a highly successful accountancy practice in Banbury.
The role of Finance Manager, requires responsibility for a large rural and agricultural focused portfolio, providing accountancy and tax services, advice and planning.
This is a new position and has become available because of ongoing growth in this sector and Partner retirement, and therefore, this is an opportunity for someone with extensive experience within an accountancy practice environment, to make the role their own.
Reporting to the agricultural directors, the Finance Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Reviewing accounts and tax returns prepared by other members of the agricultural team and clearing all review points to partner level; this will include farming companies, partnerships and sole traders
• Developing relationships with these clients through meetings and regular contact to ensure that you become their point of contact on day-to-day matters
• To provide consistently high levels of service to the entire portfolio covering all aspects of accounting and tax in a cost effective and timely manner
• Assisting the agricultural directors with specific advisory reports in relation to Inheritance Tax planning, development land, VAT registration, farm diversification and other matters that may arise which will cover all relevant taxes
• General management of the agricultural portfolio including monthly WIP management and billing, staff feedback following job review and workflow management to ensure all work is completed before the relevant deadlines
Core competencies of the Finance Manager:-
• Qualified ACA/ ACCA /CTA manager, with direct agricultural knowledge
• Able to review and complete accounts files & personal tax returns files in a cost effective and timely manner
• Strong in computer literacy and ability to use the MS office Suite and experience with Sage, Xero, QuickBooks and Key Accounts
• Possess proven problem resolution skills and the ability to identify possible solutions
• Good marketing, networking and business development skills
• Strong organisation skills and the ability to prioritise jobs effectively and willing to work outside normal hours as required
• Agricultural audit experience is desirable but not essential
• Self-motivated and career focused with demonstrable skills and a passion for delivering accounting services and taxation advice in this field
• A team player but with the ability to work autonomously when necessary
• Be focused on couching and supporting more junior team members and trainees
• Be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction
To apply please forward your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE CURRENT SITUATION WITH COVID-19, WE ARE OFFERING A FULL END-TO-END RECRUITMENT PROCESS, USING TELEPHONE, SKYPE AND ZOOM INTERVIEWS (NO FACE-TO-FACE INTERACTION)