An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Laboratory Technician to join this established and technically advanced waste recycling and manufacturing operation in Stoke-on-Trent offering a salary of £30,000 circa plus pension scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays and other benefits.
As a core member of the site team, the Laboratory Technician will be responsible for:-
• The day to day sampling and analysis of incoming feed
• In-process testing
• Finished product QC release
• Undertake samples from tankers and assist with plant activities
• Have a desire to carry out R&D activities as required
The successful Laboratory Technician will have the following skills and experience:
• Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment essential
• Analytical chemistry or chemistry qualification essential
• Self-motivated and proactive
• Willing to assist the production team in improving both product quality and production yields
• Be physically healthy and capable of working in an industrial plant operation
• Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction
Experience of using analytical techniques such as GC, FTIR, XRF, PMCC flash point, viscosity, Karl Fischer, titration, Gardner colour index, as well as bespoke testing methods, would be ideal, but training can be provided where necessary.
The role is varied and challenging and for the right individual provides excellent potential for advancement in the company.
To apply please forward your CV and a cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com