An innovative food business based near Stratford upon Avon is seeking a Process Plant Technician to join its team. You will be working in its new greenfield rapeseed processing plant and associated power generation facility.
This site is one of the most energy-efficient producers in the UK oilseed sector, producing sustainable, high-quality animal feed and food-grade vegetable oil. It is a state-of-the-art plant, generating heat and power for the process from UK forestry residues and off-cuts, and as such contributes to a greener and more sustainable environment for the UK.
The main purpose of the role of Technician is to ensure shift production targets are achieved in a safe and efficient manner and in compliance with company and regulatory standards (Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety) and industry accreditations (BRC and FEMAS).
The production plant operates 24/7 and the role entails working a 4-On/4-Off shift pattern.
As a Process Plant Technician your duties will include:
• The safe operation of the site within a range of set parameters to ensure production targets are achieved in volume, quality and efficiency.
• Ensuring all routine sampling and testing of the production processes are carried out and recorded as required.
• Ensuring all assigned routine safety and preventative maintenance checks are undertaken as scheduled.
• Undertaking general housekeeping and cleaning of the areas.
• Assisting Maintenance Technicians in the event of plant failure.
• Ensuring that production related waste is moved to designated disposal locations in a timely fashion.
• Recording and reporting data as requested using spread sheets.
We are looking for a Process Plant Technician who has the following skills and experiences:
• Previous experience in a Processing and/or Manufacturing environment ideally with an understanding of Food Safety/HACCP systems.
• GCSE / O’ levels or equivalent, with at least 1 in either Maths or Physics/Chemistry.
• Knowledge and understanding of typical SCADA, Operator Interface control systems, and PLC-based operations.
• A UK driving licence.
• Fully permitted to work in the UK without restriction.
• Good English language skills and excellent understanding as a minimum.
• Physically healthy and capable of working in a production site environment involving stairs, rung ladders and some high-level work areas.
• Health and safety training, IOSH, BSI, NEBOSH would be desirable.
Please note: This role will require working in an agricultural environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.
To apply, please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.