An innovative food business based near Stratford upon Avon is seeking a QA Laboratory Technician to join its team. You will be working in its new greenfield rapeseed processing plant and associated power generation facility.
This site is one of the most energy-efficient producers in the UK oilseed sector, producing sustainable, high-quality animal feed and food-grade vegetable oil. It is a state-of-the-art plant, generating heat and power for the process from UK forestry residues and off-cuts, and as such contributes to a greener and more sustainable environment for the UK.
As a QA Laboratory Technician you will:
• Apply methods and techniques to test the quality of raw materials, intermediary and final products and ensure results are within company and customer quality control specifications.
• Use a variety of instrumentation to conduct chemical analysis.
• Prepare reagents for testing of product samples.
• Produce certificate of analysis for raw materials, intermediate and finished goods, including positive release of products when the product specification has been confirmed through testing.
• Conduct laboratory equipment calibration, verification, and daily checks.
• Ensure that quality levels are maintained in accordance with relevant company procedures and documentation is accurately completed.
• Maintain stock levels of consumable chemicals or other items to ensure no stockouts.
• Auditor and member of internal audit team.
• Conduct environmental swabbing when needed.
• Ensure all operations are conducted in line with current Health and Safety legislations.
To be a successful QA Laboratory Technician, you will possess the following skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level with an appropriate qualification in chemistry, food science or general science.
• Demonstrable experience of using HPLC, GC / FID, ICP -OES or other chemical equipment.
• Internal Audit Certification would be an advantage.
• Previous working experience conducting laboratory tests with the ability to follow agreed laboratory procedures, within a manufacturing, or process environment.
• Previous working experience within a food production environment would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of how to operate and maintain instruments such as GC / FID, HPLC, ICP-OES, Karl Fisher Coulometer, Rancimat and UV / VIS spectrophotometer and wet chemistry methods of analysis.
• Some experience of conducting internal audits would be an advantage.
• Experience of working with and interpreting technical documents including vendor and customer specifications.
• Excellent IT skills developed in the workplace, for instance using spreadsheet for entering internal quality control data.
• Demonstrable knowledge of BRC and FEMAS standards would be an advantage.
• Need to be able to participate in the shift pattern involving weekends and early / evening weekday hours.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction.
This QA Technician role works 5 days per week between 6am – 6pm on an 8 hour shift pattern including 1 weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in 4 weekends with 2 days off during the following week. Weekend hours are 7.30am – 4pm. Please note this is a remote site not on a public transport route, and the use of own transport will be necessary.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience plus 10% allowance for the rota work pattern and company pension scheme. There is 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
Please note: This role will require working in an agricultural environment, with exposure to wheat, grain dust and other allergens.
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter stating salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org